Friday, July 29, 2011

Guatemala Family Mission Trip Day 5: Wednesday, July 27, 2011

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Yesterday, we went to a special needs hospital. I had no idea what to expect, but I could not even imagine how many children were there. They are trapped in their own bodies. It was a temporary sadness for me and the team. We can leave them and our sadness behind, but that is their life. As I was thinking and taking everything in, I started rubbing a little girl’s hand. I felt led to start singing “Jesus Loves Me." I looked down and saw this little child, who was trapped in a cage, with the biggest smile across her face. Even though I was happy, I started crying and decided to take my sadness and spread joy to these children that have little joy in their lives. The rest of the time I was there I walked around and spent time with each individual child in our room. Before we left we prayed, and I felt changed. We still have two more days of ministry, and I am excited to see what else God has in store for us.

Regan Puckett
13 years old
When we went to the special needs hospital yesterday, I was nervous to say the least. There are many people who have special gifts for children with disabilities, but I do not consider myself one of those people, so I was a bit uncomfortable. Nevertheless, when we arrived I just began to walk around and pray for each child. It was both eye-opening and heartbreaking to see this different side of missions. There are people that simply aren't going to comprehend the words you are saying about Jesus and His love, so all you can do is your best to SHOW them His love. It was definitely one of the hardest things I have ever had to experience, but I left that hospital knowing that Jesus holds every one of those children in the palm of His hand and loves them unconditionally.

Anna Eades
17 years old



No comments:

Post a Comment