Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Day 4

This morning we woke to a beautiful clear Aqua sky kissed by the sun! Janet started the devotion with a powerful song; On my knees. It describes just how powerful and awing our God really is and how he can work through us in prayer  and being obedient to him. She went to the scripture and we read a familiar story of the woman making her way through the madness and crowd with faith believing that if she could only touch the helm of his garment she would be healed.

We think about what God has done to bring us to this place at this time for his purpose. As Ephesians states in 2:10 he has predestined us to do His work. Not by change are we here. Not by chance have each of these precious souls crossed our paths.

It was laid upon Janet's heart to pray for physical healing for one of our ladies. As we surrounded her and lay hands on her we lifted her to Christ. I could feel the trembling come through the hand on my shoulder and pass through me into my friend. I believe the Holy Spirit moved through each one of us as we united together with one purpose before our Savior. There is power in prayer.God is good!

At the medical clinic today the weather was beautiful and warm. We served another forty families that live in the dump. So many of the same symptoms with the same results... due to their circumstance and environment. They are given medication for the symptoms and prayer for healing.

We were reminded of how hard and dangerous the life in the dump really is today when a young girl came in with both legs broken. She was crushed between two trucks while working in the dump to collect recyclable materials. In all the tragedy it amazes me to see how positive these beautiful people are.

The best part of the medical clinic for me today was seeing the most precious face of sweet Nora again. She is a young def girl that I met last year when we did the medical clinic. She has the same angelic smile  and less red in her hair, which is good. Red highlights in their hair is a sign of malnutrition. She was with her siblings and elderly mother. I think she remembered me well because when she walked into the door and I gasp... she smiled a welcoming smile and gave me a hug. Our translator told her that I remembered them for last year. Nora will always hold a special place in my heart. I pray God protects her and provides for her through her life.

This afternoon we had day two of our women's bible study at Pastor Saul's church. It excites me that God is equipping women right here in Guatemala to go out and bolding proclaim the truth here in the dump. This tool we are walking them through is teaching them how to study God's word, how to walk the walk we talk but first of all we are pouring the truth into them. Encouraging them and reminding them of who they are in Christ. How important they are and how much God loves them. We keep reminding them where scripture teaches us in Ephesians that He chose us and predestined us as His children.

Today when good at the bible study as our faces were more familiar and everyone was opening up. They heard Debbie give her testimony in Spanish. I don't know if Debbie will ever comprehend on this side of heaven how she impacted so many of these women. I watched the faces as they were engaging and relating. Praise the Lord that Debbie was obedient and bold enough to tell her story.

Tonight we jump right into separating medication, packing bags for the preschool and other preparation that needs to be done for the rest of the weeks. God is so faithful and I am so thankful to be here serving with this amazing Lakewood Women's Mission team!


Angela Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment