Friday, June 7, 2013

Our last full day in Guatemala!

How awesome has it been for us to fellowship with each other today!! God has just been so so so good to us all!!! I am so thankful that God called me to go to Guatemala and serve! This was my first mission trip and I couldn't have asked to be on it with a more awesome group of people! They have a heart for The Lord and for His people!
I was thinking back today about the whole week and about the children we meet in the Hospicio, in particular Maria Fernanda, about the children we meet in the clinic, especially Edgar and Ashley, and about the 2 best friends we meet at the clinic, Segunda and Veronica.... and as I thought about them I couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly blessed to even have had the honor of meeting such strong and loving and sometimes hurting people. They encouraged me to remember all that I have been given and that gave me hope! Every time I go to complain about what I have to eat or wear, I pray to God that I would remember greatly those women and children!!! My heart can't express the love I have for them enough and how they have touched my life.

I also want to say that without this strong group of women here with me as my family, I may have not made it well emotionally. It's so good for me to be able to say these women love and they love hard! I have been utterly blessed by knowing, serving, learning and teaching with them.

Most importantly, I want to thank The Lord God Almighty who has done much work within my heart this week and has held me, comforted me, touched me and even surprised me! I thank God for the opportunity and the ability to be able to come here and serve and be blessed by Him. Word can't describe the awesomeness of Him!!!
Carla Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment