Friday, July 5, 2013

Connections Rekindled

Today was a very good day. After we went to the Malnutrition Center we came back to Seteca for a little while. Then at 4:30 we met back up and headed out to the landfill to help with the Friday night feeding that Pastor Saul's church does weekly. One of my prayers for this week was to reconnect with the people I had met in the past which I have been able to do. At the feeding I reconnected with several girls I met on my spring trip and was able to give them some pictures I had printed of us from when I met them. They were so thankful for the pictures and thanked me several times, they don't generally have an opportunity to print pictures and they were so thankful to have them. I was also able to see a woman I met my very first trip to Guatemala in 2011. I was so glad she remembered me and it was really great to see how her little boy had grown up. When I met them he was only a tiny baby and I sat and talked to Carla, the mother and rocked the baby for a long time. But now he's two and a half and it was wonderful to see them again. Another thing I thought was cool today was to see some of the same babies at the malnutrition center and to see how much more healthy they look now than even a few months ago. Tomorrow we are going to the AIDS hospital and the special needs hospital in Antigua. Then we are going to spend the rest of the day in Antigua and then spend the evening sharing and loving on our drivers and translators. The Lord is working in Guatemala through us and even in our absence. Please keep the Guatemalan people in your prayers, because prayer is so powerful!!!

Gracie Parker





No comments:

Post a Comment