Monday, April 4, 2011

DAY 2 (Sunday, April 3)

This morning our group had the privilege to worship with Iglesia El Camino, Pastor Saul's church. Our missions pastor, Robert Puckett, spoke with the help of a translator to the members of El Camino and our group from Matthew 25:35:


35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

What an incredible focal passage for our group and the Guatemalans to hear! We will get the chance to feed people that are hungry, we will get to give them something to drink, and we will get the awesome chance to look after people that are 'sick' and 'in prison.' WE WILL SHARE THE GOSPEL THIS WEEK!! Our students and adult leaders are excited about what God may do this week.

ONE STORY OF HOW GOD IS ALREADY WORKING THROUGH OUR GROUP:
Brandon Lawson, a high school junior, was sitting in the church service today when a lady sat in front of him and immediately started crying. Brandon felt like the Lord was telling him to talk with the lady and to pray with her. The lady ended up telling about the things that she has been struggling with; financially, physically, and spiritually. Brandon immediately pointed the lady to a specific verse in the Bible (that he read in his quiet time today) that was perfect for what the lady is going through. GOD IS INCREDIBLE!! Think about this: God was preparing Brandon early this morning for a lady that would sit in front of him only a few hours later. BUT IT GETS BETTER...Brandon could have just said, "no I think I will let someone else comfort this obviously distressed lady." But, HE DIDN'T. He didn't let the opportunity that God had prepared him for only a couple of hours before pass by. What kind of opportunities has God been giving you (and me) that we haven't taken advantage of?

3 comments:

  1. Just proves that God is in control - prepares those kids for what God already knows is going to take place. HE IS GOOD !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear things are going so well and the kids are seeing the power of prayer and how God works thru them each and every day. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing story!! I'm so proud of my brother and all that God is doing in and through him. God is so incredible and I know that He is moving through and in all of the team. I'm Brandon's big sister and I'm praying for you all! Blessings :D

    ReplyDelete