Sunday, March 31, 2013

Leaving for Guatemala form my last high school trip

Well today we leave for Guatemala and I've never felt more ready or prepared well... for anything. God has given me such a peace about this week even though its my last year as a student. these past couple weeks in preparation he has shown me patience and peace because preparing for college is stressful but he has also shown me how his plan far exceeds anything I could dream of! the verse he has given me this week is Romans 8:28. It says "and we know that in all things works for the good of those who love him who have been called to his purpose." Along with this verse all thought out this week I will be praying Romans 5:3-5 which says not only praise in the good times, but we also need to praise and point to God in the trials. Because suffering creates perseverance and perseverance creates character in Christ, and that creates a hope that will never fade and goes beyond all understanding. I know God has put this in my heart to tell the ones Who need this ultimate hope in him in Guatemala. This week I also ask that you pray that hearts in Guatemala be opened to the gospel of Christ. I also would like you to pray that we as a team become broken until there is nothing left but Christ!

-Joshua Puckett

No comments:

Post a Comment