Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2 Nations, 1 God

Our first day I was privileged to witness a significant transformation. Not only in my family but here in country. Over the past four years I have seen God work wonders in and around the Guatemala City Dump. When we visited Restoration Church It brought joy to my heart to see the body of Christ worshipping together, to find many faces from years past, to witness the hope Some have found in Christ, and the love they return to us. What touched my heart the most was to hold in my arms a precious little girl that I have seen grow up over the years in a hopeless situation, deaf and unable to communicate, she does have hope.She is growing physically but we saw she was singing. That was humbling to us. A reminder that God is at work even when we are not. 
This morning, our family did a devotion out of Exodus. It was a reminder God leads us day and night. He has called us out. As we shared our hearts and what God has called us to do. It is emotional to know our Savior unified us not only as an earthly family but as part of his heavenly family. 
Alora and I went to the school for our first day of VBS together and we were beyond blessed that God is allowing us to love on the precious and beautiful Children. My hearts swells knowing that thru Christ love and God's grace he has great plans for His babies. This tragic environment they live in will not hold them back from God's work. With Faith and Hope this is only the beginning.  " This hope we have in Christ is an anchor for our soul, sure and strong" Hebr 6:19

Angela Horne



No comments:

Post a Comment