Friday, July 5, 2013

From Streets To Rocking Chairs

Today we went to the malnutrition center and I got to see Gerson And Andrés. To give some back ground to them they started out homeless and and born in a strangers house. They are now 3 years and 8 months old and every time I see is a blessing because there story is very sad and it seems like they have very little hope. When Gerson was born it was a struggle for his life because he had a tumor on his face and he almost lost his sight and almost his life because of the tumor. Also to add on to that is that he had a deep cut in his upper lip from a broken bottle when he was being fed by his mother. The cut which i saw on my first trip looked like he had cleft pallet that's how bad the cut was and he was only 3 months old when he received the wound when I first met them my heart broke for them because they were only 6 months old and they have already had such a hard life. But every trip I have been on to Guatemala I have been able to see them which is such a blessing to see them grow up like being able to see them start to walk and talk and even run! Also just being Gerson recover and see God heal them. God has shown me so much these past few years with them but this trip has broke me. Today at the malnutrition center I was able to hold Andrés and sing songs to him and rock him in a rocking chair and he fell asleep in my arms and just being able to see him sleep and have peace even though they don't have a mom or dad because they left there, it was amazing to read this morning how God takes care of the orphans and it was such a blessing to see how God takes care of them even though there isn't hope and how he has a plan for them and I know he will do great things through them and there story together.

-Joshua Puckett
Romans 8:28
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know I Am"











No comments:

Post a Comment