Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Missions is Continuous

It has been an awesome week in Guatemala with the Axis mission team! I have told several people that I don't want to leave! Truthfully, I don't! I have been on a number of mission trips in the states and abroad. There is something powerful, and so encouraging, about spending time serving others with people of the same mindset. Here in Guatemala our team has had the opportunity to spend time with AIDS patients; orphans; serve food to the hungry; sing songs with little kids; and help rebuild a home for a family in the landfill. It has been an amazing experience! But ya know what? This is all mission work that I can do in the states! Nonetheless,there is something about being in another country away from the familiar, away from routine and monotony that makes you take a look at where you are and what you are doing in your life, to set your heart straight.

Personally, this week has been a refreshing time of being away from work and "normal" responsibilities. I had become stuck in my own funk and saw the necessity of how the Lord needed to break me. He has held me in His arms and allowed me to experience Him. He has forced me to love the unlovable, the forgotten, the abandoned, the broken. He has shown me myself in all this. He has let me see how much I need him! Where I thought I had it all is where I will return with nothing. It is in the nothing the Lord has shown me He is everything! As I return tomorrow to the states I will go back renewed, refreshed, changed, and ready to come back...to Guatemala and to Georgia to serve the forgotten, the orphans, the homeless, the broken, the rich, the poor, and the haves and have nots in Gainesville.

Guatemala and Gainesvillle...where missions is continuous!

Micah Thomas











No comments:

Post a Comment