Thursday, July 26, 2012

El Camino Church

Tonight we went to Pastor Saul's church for a combined service with Lakewood and the Guatemalans. On the Spring Break trip, this was one of my favorite nights because it reminded me of how big our God is. It amazes me how God knows every single language. No matter where you are in the world or what language you are speaking, He understands and accepts our praise. Many different languages, many different races, many different people, ONE GOD.

At the end of the service, each Guatemalan was instructed to pray with an American. A woman sitting behind me named Susie asked to pray with me. I prayed over her first, and I prayed for God to give her strength to bring more people to Christ who can help her to be the light in Guatemala City. When she began to pray over me, she took my hands and literally cried out to the Lord. She could barely get a breath in because of the flow of passion that was coming out of her mouth. I could just feel the Holy Spirit flowing through her.

The Lord really spoke to me in this moment. I was thinking about why we don't have this amount of passion in America when we pray or when we worship. I feel like God reminded me of all the things of the world that we put our passion into instead of yielding our entire hearts to God and giving Him all our passion. This is my prayer for when I return home: that I would have more passion when it comes to living for God, rather than letting the the things of this world come in the way.

This reminded me of a song I love. "Jesus, I glorify. Jesus, my love is yours. You are my heart's desire, and I LIVE TO KNOW YOU MORE."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for these great posts!! Being at home while my husband and one of our daughters is there, it's so nice to get an inside look at how everyone is doing :). Is there a way for me to get these awesome pictures in there orginal size/resolution for our scrapbook . . . when I save them from the site, they are in a super low resolution. My email is:
    Kristin.Wagner@Charter.net. Thank you for your boldness and courage to shine Christ's light on the darker areas of the world!! You are each in my prayers :).

    ReplyDelete