Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday Thoughts

Buenos Noches from Guatemala! This is Hannah speaking. :)
What a day we have had! Chelsea recapped what our day involved, so as you probably can tell, there is a lot to process. You cannot possibly go to such places and see such things and NOT be affected in some way. After our day, a few members of our team found themselves asking one question: Why? Why are there so many hurting people? Why did a mother abandon her child, leaving her to beg on the streets? Why isn’t there a better solution to all of the hurt? After processing with each other, we concluded two simple truths: we live in a broken world, and we are all broken in some way. Yes, there are hurting people; and yes, there is sin; and yes, as long as the world continues to spin there will not be complete healing. Our world is broken. Sin is so consuming that it broke our covenant with the One Holy God of the universe. As a result of this broken world, I too am broken (and you are too). I may not be confined to a wheelchair with no stimulus all day long. I may not be continually deprived of a loving touch. I may not live in a landfill. But believe me, I am broken. There are times when I am prideful and judgmental, stubborn and arrogant, selfish and spoiled. Sound broken yet? My brokenness may not come in physical form, but it is brokenness all the same. Thank GOD alone that He heals brokenness. He is the Healer!! He is the Redeemer, Restorer, Reviver. I have peace knowing that not only does He heal emotional brokenness, but He heals our spiritual brokenness, our physical brokenness, and our mental brokenness. There is HOPE! I may not understand the Lord’s purpose for a lot of things, but I understand this: HE alone restores ALL that is broken. Bring Him your brokenness.
Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.”
Psalm 51:17 “The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. God, You will not despise a broken and humbled heart.”
Psalm 147:3-5 “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them. Our Lord is great, vast in power; His understanding is infinite.”
Psalm 103:2-4 “My soul, praise the Lord, and do not forget all His benefits. He forgives all your sin; He heals all your diseases. He redeems you life from the Pit; He crowns you with faithful love and compassion.”
Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment