Saturday, July 21, 2012

Obedience

Obedience is not easy. It demands our entire selves---including the deepest parts of our heart. Love has a way of messing up our lives. Love demands that we see differently. As I walked through the landfill and the special needs hospital and orphanage today I find myself asking two questions:
God what is your heart for this women or this child or this man?

And

God help me to see how you see. I want your eyes.

I can't say that I have an answer yet. But these two questions are sure changing how I love.

I keep thinking how would the Father see the little girl with burns all over her face from being abandoned and having to beg?

Or how would the Father see the landfill? Or the feeding last night?

How would the Father see the babies with cleft lips?

I want what He sees. Eyes of compassion that penetrate deep into hearts and finds glowing beauty. Eyes that see goodness. Eyes that love and hold nothing back. Eyes that serve. Eyes that really see.

Maybe missions is really a refocusing of our vision?
-Allie Pohlmeier


"The art of abandoning ourselves to what God's love might have for us is not an elegant process. It is not a strong and steady one either. Sure, it produces elegant results. Strong results even. But this process is haphazard and unpolished, with bumps and rabbit trails and discouragement, misheard and misunderstood messages, and all-out tugs of war across the threshold of the door of our hearts." Jan Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment