Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday in Guatemala

Hola from Seteca! Today was a fun and busy day. We left Seteca around 9 and headed to Antigua to visit the Special Needs Hospital and Casa Shalom (where Ali Souther will be doing her internship). We also had a chance to walk around the beautiful city of Antigua. We did a little shopping, mainly Matt since he will not be with us when we go back. By the way is a very good “bargain” shopper. On to the good stuff J, the special needs hospital was a huge step for most of us. I know that I left with a heavy/sad heart, but I had to remind myself that they are loved by God and they hold a very special place in his heart. We also had the chance to see the babies in the hospital, which was super tough for me as a mom. All I could think to myself was, “Why these babies??” But I know God has huge plans for them and I can’t wait to go back and love on them some more. The short visit to Casa Shalom was amazing too. I am so excited and happy for Ali and her experiences that she will have there. This was also hard because most of these kids don’t have parents, and this I could not imagine how it would be to not have a relationship with my parents. While we were there we were told that they recently found one of the kids in a dump. This breaks my heart into a million pieces and I can’t even wrap my brain around this. So leaving there was a little tough too, but I know the ladies there love the kids and are taking care of them along with God’s help. I know the kids are happy there. I know that Matt touched on the land field a little in the previous blog, but being back there again just reminds me that God is at work in the land field on a daily basis. I had the chance to be reunited with a family I met last time I was here and one of the kiddos. The picture from the previous blog was the family that I really connected with. Jefferson and his family hold a very special place in my heart. I also got to see Nelson aka “spiderman” again. It was great to see how much they had grown and how well they were doing. Once we returned from our adventure for the day we came back to Seteca and ate our Wal Mart dinner and continued to prepare for the arrival of the team. It’s now time to go make 30+ PB&J’s and set up the rooms. So until next time, ADIOS!!

Chelsea Beard

Matthew 28:19-20

1 comment: