Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday Afternoon in the Rain

Wow, its Tuesday morning and as I reflect back so far I cannot believe what the Lord has already done. Yesterday, for me, was a heavy day witnessing some things that I haven't ever seen before, such as images in the dump and the special service last night. Through all the scenes in my head though I can lean on the truth that God is sovereign over this place and he is so proud of his beloved children here.

Above all the heaviness, was a sweet reunion. Last year I was blessed with the opportunity to fall in love with a little girl named Alejandrita. Coming back this year I was worried she was to old to be in the school, but as I stood on the first floor yesterday watching the kids come down the stairs, I could help but overflow with joy as Alejandrita walked down the stairs and run right up to me. Through translation, I learned she remembered and cherished me. I'm beyond grateful that the Lord has answered my prayers and kept her safe for the past year.

While on the matter of answered prayers, I was humbled last year when Robert allowed me to pray in the lot for the new school, and I specifically remember the Lord leading me to pray that there would be a building on the lot next time I was here. Well, yesterday I had the opportunity to go with a group and help with some construction at the lot, and I no more can call it a lot, because when I stepped in the gate there was a building. Praise God. Yet again, the Lord has used his mighty hand to do a great work and answer prayers.

The Lord is up to mighty things here, and I am overjoyed to see what else he has in store for our team this week.

Whitney Brechter

No comments:

Post a Comment