Friday, April 6, 2012

Student Blogs From Today (April 5)

The following stories are from some of our students that volunteered to write our blog for tonight:

Today in the landfill, I met a little 9 year old boy named Jason. He was so interested in learning every single aspect of my life this week. How I got here from America, how I got to the landfill, how I got my clothes. He eventually started repeating what I would say in English. After a while, he started using the English words I taught him. When we left, he thanked me for teaching him English and told me he couldn't wait to see me tomorrow. It's so amazing how God can break the language barrier.
~ Samantha Murray





This afternoon, group Honey Badger went to the landfill to do VBS with the children. One of my favorite parts was at the beginning when we went around the dump and looked for Ninos (children) to take to the building where we were doing VBS. I really enjoyed going around and using my recently learned Spanish skills and getting to meet new people. When we brought them all back to the building, I had the honor and pleasure to teach them Romans 4, and making God smile.
Towards the end I started looking at the kids more like we would look at American children. And then the cockroaches came out. When we finished sweeping, Andrea saw them and told us that they sensed the food crumbs on the ground. That really brought me back down to earth on the fact that I realized that they do not live in America, and that is just the world that they live in. It really broke my heart, and I would be very grateful if all who read this would pray for those children in the dump, and their environment.
~ David Funk




Today was awesome! I got to hang out with Kaitvin again in the landfill. She is such a sweet girl! We started out our day by moving an immense amount of dirt at the new school lot. It was tough work, but I cant wait to see what the finished product is going to look like. We finished a concrete floor In the landfill in the afternoon which will allow the family living in this house to not have to worry as much about rats and erosion. Overall, it was a great day.
~ James Usrey



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:30 Calle,Guatemala City,Guatemala

No comments:

Post a Comment