Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Student Story - David Funk

To say the least, last week was a major eye opener for me. I plan on making a lot of changes in my life and in my relationships. God told me it would be hard, and it is. These first few days back at school have been difficult for me: not everyone is as eager to accept love and hear the gospel as the children in the dump. It really hurts when you hear a no, but, just as Mike Beard said, it is a win for us whether they say yes or no. Either way, they have heard, and they will always remember what you asked them, so that when the next person comes along, they will remember what you said, and their hearts will be softened. That's what God has really been putting on my heart lately; that I don't have to see the fruit: I am called to plant the seed. It was the same way in Guatemala. We showed that dirt pile in the lot who was boss, yet the school isn't done yet. At first it really made me mad that we couldn't see it through to the end, but God gave me peace in the fact that he already has a plan, and even if my only job was to move that dirt. Whether we have a part in the end result or not, His plans will not fail. Yet at the same time, just as in Guat, you can't just sit back and wait for it to happen. I read in Ephesians chapter three verse 9, and it said "I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning." We were chosen to do God's work, even if we can see what happens in the end or not.
- David Funk, Freshman at Chestatee HS





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment