Sunday, April 15, 2012

Student Story - Misty Hamilton

Guatemala was so amazing. Probably the best experience of my entire life and God led me the whole way through it!
One of the times he spoke to me when I was hesitant was when I reached out of my comfort zone for the first time. During the VBS at the dump all the kids were coloring and I noticed this one older girl with a hopeless look on her face. God told me I needed to share Him and His love with her, and at first I was scared but I pushed myself and went and spoke to her. Her name was Kenia. Her mom had left her to take care of her little brother who wasn't even a year old yet! After getting to know her a little bit I asked her if she lived in the dump and with a smile on her face she replied yes. Then it finally hit me. I had realized those people really did live in the landfill, but they were happy about it! Even though it was sad for me to hear that Kenia lived in the dump and I felt like I needed to share God's love with her, she taught me something too. To be thankful for what I have. So when the VBS was over I told Kenia bye and gave her a huge hug. I hope to see her again next year and learn something else from our beautiful God.
- Misty Hamilton





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment