Thursday, April 12, 2012

Student Story - Layne Saliba

On my first trip to Guatemala three years ago we met Pastor Steve. He has a church in Antigua. While he talked about his church, he said something that I have never forgotten. "Don't underestimate God." I find myself thinking about that statement throughout the year, but especially while I'm in Guatemala. That's such a simple but radical statement. This year in Guatemala i was doing my quiet time and came across Ephesians 3:20, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine." That seems to go hand in hand with "Don't underestimate God." who could have imagined that the Lot three years ago full of trash would be clean? Who would have thought that the same lot last year would have a trench dug to have a wall built? Who would have thought this year that there would be the first level of a school, a well, and room for a soccer field when in November they didn't even have a permit to build? Never underestimate God. I'm constantly reminded that even when we aren't in Guatemala, God still is. He is there and He is doing incredibly huge work. He is in the dump, He is in the school, and He is in the malnutrition center. He is everywhere. It's amazing how we can go down for a week and experience what God has done the past year. Every year brings something new and seeing the work that's being done in Guatemala is an encouragement to keep going back.
- Layne Saliba, Junior at North Hall High School



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment