Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Student Story - Matt Booth

Coming back from Guatemala knowing that God will always be there with them, left a feeling I can't even describe in my heart.God was definitely in Guatemala when we went over there last week, and he will always be there. There was one particular day that stood out to me the most, that was Monday night.The guys went to Bread & Coffee service at the preschool. Cliff told us that we were going to a service for men that were high on glue. The glue would take away their hunger pains, and make them high so they couldn't even stand up or walk. I was nervous and scared, and had no idea what to expect. I mean how was I suppose to strike a conversation with these men. It was definitely something that was outside of my comfort zone.

We pulled up to the preschool and there was just a long line of men, women, and children lined up outside the gate. When we walked inside there was just a bucket filled with water over the drain. When the people walked in they walked straight to the bucket of water, where we were told to wash their hands. All they wanted was to be clean. Just sitting there watching this it reminded me of God washing our sins away. It was just cool to know that God was there that night and he was there with all the men and women too. Guatemala was definitely an eye-opening experience, and I can't wait to go back next year!
- Matt Booth



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment