Thursday, April 4, 2013

Brokenness to Perfection

Yesterday (Wednesday) we went to the Special Needs Hospital in Antigua to love on the kids and adults that were there. There was anyone from infants to eighty year old men and women. When we got there I knew that we would be splitting into groups to go and be with the patients so I was trying to figure out which one that I wanted to go to. We were choosing, and I said that I wanted to go to the middle-aged men, but The Lord had a different plan. Since there were fewer going with the teenage boys, I figured then that The Lord had me to go to be with them. When we got there, it was time for lunch, and I in my naivety thought that this would just be teenagers eating their food, and then we would go hang out. But again, The Lord had a different plan. As I walked in, a nurse immediately handed me a tray and a spoon to give to an eighteen-year old named David. Little did I know that the spoon was for me to feed him. And in this moment of my confusion and awkwardness, God showed me a picture of the Gospel.
Just like these teenagers that were mentally and physically challenged, we too were broken in the eyes of The Lord; we couldn't even feed ourselves. But just as it says in Revelation 21, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and the will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever. And the one sitting on the throne said, 'Look, I AM making all things new'" (v. 4-5a). In sending Christ to die for the inequities of the world, he mended this brokenness when he called us from our sin and into eternal life with Christ

--David Funk



Pictures are from throughout the week.



























No comments:

Post a Comment