Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jorge :)

Today April 4th 2013 I got the amazing opportunity to have a conversation about God with a young boy named Jorge. I've had the chance to get to know Jorge the past few days. His beautiful smile and silliness took my attention right away. Jorge was stand offish at first and wouldn't even tell me his name. He eventually warmed up to me during recess. He clutched on to me and honestly I didn't want him ever let go. It's amazing the love these kids have. Despite their situation they still smile and still find hope. Yesterday when we went shopping in Antigua a shop owner gave us free salvation bracelets. Each color has a meaning. Black means your sin before Christ, red means the blood that was shed for you on the cross, blue means baptism and your public acceptance of Jesus, white means you are now washed pure through Jesus's sacrifice, green means growth in your relationship, and yellow represents your reward which is Heaven. I got to explain to Jorge today and a smile just lit up on his face. I asked him if he would want to accept Christ today and he said yes. I was terrified;Completely and utterly terrified. I had never really helped someone accept Christ before. I wasn't sure what to say as I took him in the class room with the translator. We sat down in the tiny desks and I prayed with him. He repeated after me/the translator. God provided me with the words to say like he always does. It was hard to hold back tears as I watched this young boy accept Christ. It was the most amazing experience i have ever had. being in those situations always seem a little intimidating, but just trust in The Lord and he will speak through you. I challenge all of you to go out and do the same in your friendships. If you know someone who is not christian , then just talk to them about it. Maybe they to will feel God tugging on their heart. Jorge is only in the second grade and I know he probably still doesn't understand what all Christ is, but I pray that this will be a seed planted and it will grow with him in his life. I ask all of you who are reading to pray for Jorge and his family and his walk with Christ. God has blown me away through this trip. I find myself learning more and more about who I am in Christ everyday. I've seen that just because they are materially poor does not mean that they don't have anything at all. They have Jesus and that's all they need, that's all we need.



Lizzie Farr










1 comment:

  1. Amen..Let God lead ;)What amazing things happen when we do let God lead us. Could not be more proud and happy for all of you..Prayers..

    ReplyDelete