Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Aids Hospital- Isabella

When you begin your journey to Guatemala you think that you are coming to change the people of the landfills lives, but what you don't realize is that all the children you meet end up changing yours even more. As we were headed to the Aids hospital, I found myself overwhelmed with guilt. I began focusing on what the children of the hospital don't have, rather than what they do. In America, people with HIV/aids are looked at as if there is a cure, but in Guatemala people with HIV/aids are seen as unclean and are considered outcasts. Some of the children you meet there have lost their parents due to HIV/aids and others have been abandoned due to their current condition. But in the midst of all of their struggles, they are completely content and secure with the Lord. I had the pleasure of meeting a beautiful 1 year old girl named Isabella who completely changed my mind and my heart about what I was feeling. Even though she was not HIV positive, she was orphaned due to her parents having had aids. I spent the entire day with her in my arms trying to get her to smile, and by the end of the day seeing her smile at me gave me more satisfaction than I think I could have ever given her. I can not begin to explain the love I have for that child, but even though I know that Isabella doesn't have earthly parents to comfort her everyday, I know that God is watching over her every step of the way and that it is a blessing that she is safe in the aids hospital right now. I know that in the end, God will grant Isabella with the blessing of having two parents who can love her like God loves her. I think that she ended up showing me that your life may not go the way you want it to, but God has a bigger plan for your life and he can reveal himself in many different ways you'd never expect.
-Sydney Creamer







No comments:

Post a Comment