Saturday, April 6, 2013

Gracie Parker

Friday in Guatemala

Today we went to the malnutrition center. My last time in Guatemala the malnutrition center was my favorite place that we worked at. So, as could be expected I was very excited about going back there. It was great again this time and I had the opportunity to care for a baby girl that was 11 months old and looked about 3 or 4 months old. Because of her malnourishment she was also severely developmentally delayed. Its heartbreaking to see this. I really enjoyed the malnutrition center again but even though that's the thing I was looking forward to most today that's not what I ended up getting the most out of.

I ended up enjoying what we did this evening much more. We went to the landfill and helped with the feeding that Saul's church does every Friday night. I enjoyed this more because earlier in the week as I was praying about what God wanted me to do and as I listened to him he told me the number 13. And at first i was confused by this but later that day i began talking to a girl who was 13 as I spoke with her God told me that these girls needed to hear that they are beautiful and important. Nearly every day since Tuesday I have had the opportunity to speak this truth into a 13 year old girl and I praise God for the way he is working through me. The simple words of telling a middle school girl how beautiful she is can have such an impact. This is something I will most definitely take home with me, middle school aged girls need to know that they are accepted and that they are priceless, and that they have a savior thats sees them as perfect. They need to know the way that God sees them matters so much more than how the world sees them. I'm much more comfortable with young children so this calling was a difficult thing for me to submit to, even though I knew it was what God was asking me to do. Tonight I was able to speak with 2 girls I made a connection with. Juana a girl i met at VBS earlier this week; and Estephaine a girl i met this evening. Tonight I was able to talk with Juana and her sister and tell them they were beautiful and I know that these girls attend church on a regular basis though I do not know the conditions of their hearts. The other girl I was able to speak with, Estephanie, was the sister of another girl i had met earlier. But I really connected with Estephanie and she was telling me how she really wanted to see me again when i was leaving this evening. I hope to see her tomorrow God willing. Both Juana and Estephanie are precious young women and I truly connected with them and was blessed to meet them and have the opportunity to speak the truth of their beauty into them an each of their sisters. God is doing big things in Guatemala please continue in your prayers, they are more powerful than you probably realize. Gloria a Dios!
Gracie Parker-Guatemala-April 5th 2013





















No comments:

Post a Comment