Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Evangelism in the dump

Yesterday we were put in groups to go do various things around Guatemala City. One group went to do VBS, one when to do construction, and the group I was in went to preach the gospel of Christ to people of the landfill. Allie was our group leader. We went to 4 different houses and Allie told 2 people to speak up at each house. Sidney and I were assigned the first house. On the way to where we were going, I asked The Lord what he wanted me to say to these people. I had a pretty good idea what I was going to say, as 2 of the people in the home where not born again Christians. So I started looking in the bible for passages that just said the whole gospel in one section. But The Lord kept telling me to read Matthew 28. I didn't really know what was in Matthew 28 besides the great commission. I looked at it and it was about the resurrection of Christ. I thought to myself, "they need to hear the gospel, not just about the resurrection." Who am I to doubt the power of the Holy Spirit?
So we got to the house where I was supposed to share and I asked The Lord to simply preach Christ crucified through me. So that's what he did. This family just recently lost a loved one because of a glue and alcohol addiction. I was able to bring the gospel to these people! It was so refreshing to see them convicted of their sins and see the salvation we have in Christ. Honestly, I don't really remember what I said to them because it was the Holy Spirit speaking through me. I am just a humble servant! Praise be to God.

Ross Walters


Some pics today are of the students at the preschool, and students evangelizing in the landfill, as well as the boys at the Glue service.





























1 comment:

  1. Hey everyone,
    Thanks for those great pictures and stories. What a great blessing you guys are. We are praying for you all. I know you will never forget this experience. Can't wait to see you back home though (Jon Hunt).
    Bridgett Hunt

    ReplyDelete