Thursday, April 4, 2013

Trusting In God

This is my first time on the Guatemala mission trip and I can honestly say I am so happy that I was called (by God) to be apart of this team. As an intern, and a team, we prepared for this trip in many different ways, but nothing we did could have prepared me for what was really about to take place.
I have seen God work in so many ways and through so many people since we got here. He has not just worked through people on this team but also through the people in the landfill and surrounding areas. He has opened the eyes and hearts of this team and broken our hearts for these people and their situations.
Not only have we been able to go to the school and love on the kids but we have also been blessed enough to go directly in to their homes to minister to them and show compassion to them. We split up in to groups during the afternoon, some of us do construction, some do VBS, and others do evangelism from house to house. Yesterday my group was assigned to do evangelism. People were assigned a home to speak to the family and to pray for them. Caleb and I were given the first house and right then I prayed God would give us the right words, His words to speak to the family. Caleb went first and shared 1 Corinthians 12:9-10. I was in shock because I had felt lead to share the same verse. When it was my turn to talk I said that I wanted to share the same one and told the family what it meant to me. After that house we moved on to the next, but the woman wasn't home so we continued on. We were told the situations of the homes and its amazing how God works. It seemed everyone in my group was able to relate to the people they talked to. It's amazing how our struggles and how far we have come with God is such an encouragement to these family's! One of the women we went to see actually spoke fluent English. We were so excited when we found this out. Some one in our group said it was more personal because we could directly talk to her and her back to us without the use of a translator (and I totally agree). They compared it to Moses and how he had a speech problem, but that through God he was given the strength and words to speak. With us using/needing a translator it's like a safety net for us. If we have a speech problem or our words become mixed up the translator can just fix it when they translate it to the people or person we are talking to. But because this woman could understand every word we were saying it allowed us to have a direct conversation and rely more on Gods abilities in us and through us to be able to speak without stumbling. It was exactly as he said, it was more personal.
It's only been about 3 days that we have been here but I can already see the hand of God on this team in such an amazing way. I can see Him working in all of us in such....amazing and powerful was that it makes me even more excited everyday to wake up. I wake up and think "What is God going to show me today? How is he going to use this team to further His kingdom?" Everyday is different (it even tells us that in the Bible). Our God is unlike any "other God"! His love is more powerful, His words more compelling, His forgiveness is greater, His compassion is more abundant, and He is more amazing and awe striking then any "other God"! And to be able to be in a place longing for hope and love and meaning....to be able to be here and love with Gods love and speak with His words and need to fully rely on Him daily (in our providence)...for these people...is just so amazing. There is no other feeling like it and no way to fully describe it. It's so overwhelming.

Ez.3:11
"Go now to your people, the exiles, and speak to them. Say to them, This is what the Sovereign Lord says, wether they listen or fail to listen."
In Christ,
Taylor Cox







No comments:

Post a Comment