Saturday, April 6, 2013

Flight details for parents

Hello parents.

This has been an incredible, hard, awesome, emotional, stretching, faith deepening week. YOUR CHILD(REN) ARE NOT COMING HOME THE SAME.

Growing up when I came home from missions trips I would isolate myself for a day or so and then share with my family when I was ready. And I was always so thankful for the space.

Your child may be so thankful for all she has. He may want to give away all his clothes. She might be angry. He might ask you tough questions about God and justice and poverty. I am praying for you all as you embrace your child and you continue challenging him/her to go deeper with Christ.

I read yesterday that "the great commission was not a choice for them to consider but a command for them to obey." (David Platt) Your child has tasted that this week.

Today is our final day of ministry and it has been my prayer that your child(ren) will be fully here and give until he/she has nothing left to give and realize that it is then that the supernatural love and grace and mercy and compassion of Jesus comes flowing out.

Our flight leaves at 12:31 delta 456

We arrive at 6:06 at the international side. I have a feeling by the time we go through customs. We'll be to baggage claim around 7. And most of them well be hungry. :)

Thank you again for letting your child come on this trip. They really ALL are rock stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment