Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday In Guatemala

I began this trip stuck in my comfort zone, striving for confidence, and struggling with self worth. Monday my group did evangelism in the dump and Allie told me to speak at a house with a woman who is mistreated daily. I told her that she is beloved and she is honored in the eyes of The Lord. As I spoke to her, God filled me with the confidence I have been praying for and I was able to tell a woman that she is beloved which is something I also struggle with.
During this trip, I have also experienced God's incredible love in a way that I can't even wrap my mind around. Wednesday morning we went to The Special Needs Hospital in Antigua. The Lord spoke to me the second I woke up that morning and reminded me of a quote I had read a while back. The quote said, "God loves the outcasts; He loves those the world loves to hate." As I walked through the hospital, this quote was constantly in my mind. I decided to push myself and help with the middle aged women. These woman filled my heart with more joy than I've ever felt before. I talked to a woman named Lala who could barely talk but she was able to sing "Jesus loves me," and she loved it! I told her she was beautiful and I've never seen anyone smile as big as she did. When I told her I had to leave, she was very upset and it completely broke my heart. It hit me that these women don't get loved on enough and my heart was broken. I've always struggled with hearing and feeling God's presence but I could feel His presence in the room with us and I didn't see a special needs woman, I saw Jesus.

Cara Beth Branyon



Pictures are from throughout the week.





















No comments:

Post a Comment