Friday, April 5, 2013

Malnutrition Center- Jon Hunt

This morning we went to the malnutrition center San Juan Sacatepequez. There are seventy kids at the center ranging from infants to around eight years old. Normally when we work with kids, we play a game, sing songs, tell them a story, and give them a snack, but here we only play with the with the kids. When we walked in, I thought I would go play with the toddlers because they are the easiest to entertain, but for no particular reason I ended up with the babies. I wasn't comfortable at first but then I figured out how to make them laugh and had an amazing time. It was a special feeling knowing that our group and others are giving them the love and appreciating that they are not able to receive from their family until they are healthy. The kids were sad when we had to leave, but our prayer for them is that they become healthy enough to leave soon too.













No comments:

Post a Comment