Sunday, April 7, 2013

Senior Year

Since I am a senior this is my last high school trip. The last 3 years have been amazing. I can honestly say that I have grown up here. My faith has become so much stronger by coming here. My past trips have been very emotional compared to this trip. Because I have seen all the poverty before I knew how to react. I think that I could handle it better because I'm more mature in my faith and walk with God then years past. This trip more than anything has revealed my own sins to me. Being away from home and away from our busy schedules it gives you time to just think. The only reason we are here is because of what Christ did for us. Since we are so focused on The Lord we can listen better. This trip has taught me how prideful and selfish this world and I are that we live in. I was in a church service earlier this week and a little boy named Christian who lived in the landfill gave me one of his toys. Compared to me he had nothing but he gave away some of the only things he had. I know I will come back but I'm not sure when. God has taught me that he has his hand on this city. As I walked out of the dump yesterday for my last time on my high school trip I received a peace. The Lord has everything controlled and in his hand. My heart will always remain in Guatemala.

Caleb Parrish







No comments:

Post a Comment