Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday morning - April 1st

Yesterday, when I came off the plane and out of customs, I met this little girl named Lidia right before we loaded up into the bus to go to Seteca. She spoke little English, but I was still able to have a sort-of conversation with her. Lidia followed me until we loaded on the bus. She waved and said "Hasta luego!" which means see you later. And I truly hoped I would get to see her later. That night, we went to a church service in the landfill, and Lidia was there. And I wanted to cry I became so filled with joy. We sat together in the church and even when I had to move to the back (so the churchgoers could have a seat) she followed me. I met her brother Luis and also her father. Whenever we had to leave, Lidia asked "MaƱana? Here?" because we are doing a VBS in the landfill today. She became such a blessing to me and hope I can further develop our friendship this week.

-Brooke :)


Here are some pics from the trip and the students.





1 comment:

  1. Brooke so proud of you. I am praying for you and your new friend. Also praying for the Guatemala Mission Team that God would shine so bright through all of you that you would just GLOW for JESUS.
    Love you and miss you,
    Mom (Patti)

    ReplyDelete