Sunday, April 7, 2013

Daniel

This is my fifth time being in Guatemala and it is the only time I've ever been to the malnutrition center. While there, I met a boy named Daniel. He is 6 months old and is malnourished to the point where his family decided they needed to send him some where that he can get the nourishment he needs. When I first saw him, he was asleep in his crib and they told me I had to wait until he was awake to hold him. Once he woke up, I went and stood beside his crib and just started to tickle him. He gave me the biggest grin I have ever seen in a baby. When the nurse told me I could hold him, I picked him up and held him until we had to leave. While I was holding him, he was the happiest baby I had ever met. But when I put him in his cringe cried as loud as he could. It made me think about how Christ loves us. He holds us and never puts us down. And if he did, we would be like Daniel. We would cry as loud as we could because we don't have that comfort we need and want. And once we have that, we can't let go of it. That just shows us how powerful God's love is. He holds us in his arms and comforts us through the good and bad. Just goes to show that you can see God's love through anything you do.

Courtney Staples









No comments:

Post a Comment